Makes 4 sausage puffs or 8 appetizer puffs
- 1 pkg. Joburg Moroccan Gourmet Sausages (any flavor will work but Moroccan tastes best)
- 1 Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheet, defrosted for about 20-30 minutes until pliable
- 1 beaten egg mixed with 1 tsp. cold water (you will not need to use all of this)
- Poppy seeds and/or Sesame seeds, if desired
- Cut 1 puff pastry sheet into 4 even squares. Lay one sausage near the bottom of each puff pastry square.
- Cover sausage with bottom of puff pastry sheet and keep rolling up until sausage is completely rolled in puff pastry. Dab a bit of cold water along edge of roll and press to seal. Sausage's ends should be sticking out of puff pastry. Do this for all 4 sausages.
- Brush tops of puff pastry lightly with beaten egg mixture so puff pastry browns nicely. Sprinkle lightly with either sesame seeds or poppy seeds, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees until puff pastry has puffed up and is lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes depending on your oven--do not overbake.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes. If making appetizer size, cut each sausage puff in half. Serve warm.
Visit our online store to purchase Joburg Gourmet Sausages or check our store locator to find Joburg Kosher products at a store near you.
Joburg Moroccan Gourmet Sausages